Ready to drum to some groovy beats?
Drums Alive is an engaging, multi-sensory group activity designed for people living with different abilities. You’ll enjoy fun, rhythmic drumming with others in a social capacity while giving your brain and body a healthy workout.
Our classes are designed for building capacity and improving health and wellbeing. Drums Alive is an evidence-based disability support program that has effective behavioural, cognitive and physical benefits. It helps to develop and grow an individual’s social skills as well as their emotional and self regulation abilities. It’s a fun, social and stimulating activity you can enjoy together with others in a safe, Great Mates environment.
- Improves strength and speed
- Raises heart rate and circulation
- Betters cardiovascular endurance
- Elevates flexibility, coordination and balance
- Increases blood flow in the brain
- Improves memory and concentration
- Stimulates sensory engagement
- Boosts the immune system
- Encourages group participation
- Releases pent up energy
- Boosts confidence and self-esteem
- Safe environment for self expression
- Supports logical thinking
- Improves ability to follow directions
- Fosters creativity and expression
- Opportunity to learn through fun, tactile play
This is not a part of 10-week terms any more but a part of our lifestyle hub so it runs year round as part of the hub. Each class will have a dedicated instructor and everything required for the lessons will be supplied. Classes will be a mix of in-class lessons as well as outdoor practical activities.
There are no out of pocket expenses for you; funding will be claimed from “developing life skills” at $1,264.20 or equivalent.
Co-operating with others
An eager spirit to let loose and get grooving