Our Supported Employment initiatives are designed to help you build knowledge, skills and confidence before you take that big step into the workforce. Our 6-week mentored training program will teach you general employment skills and skills specific to your job through worksheets, interactive quizzes, group activities, mock interviews and inductions.
- Writing a professional resume
- Understanding the hiring process
- Presenting confidently at a job interview
- Filing in paperwork for your job
- Interacting with others socially in a job setting
- Theoretical knowledge
- Safety knowledge
- Practical skills
- Technical skills
- Dealing with situations
At the end of your training period, you can take a Great Mates assessment to see if your abilities meet the requirements of the employment opportunity you’ve expressed interest in. We have a range of business initiatives to suit all kinds of personalities and interests. Check them out below!
If you love animals, look no further. As a Pooch Mate you’ll be working with dogs of all shapes and sizes, giving them bubbly baths and lots of kisses. This is a fun, hands-on job where you’ll have the opportunity to work independently or with a team of Great Mates.
If you love the sunny outdoors of the Gold Coast, you’ll love being a Mower Mate. You’ll be out and about mowing lawns, landscaping, pruning – whatever needs to be done to transform an overgrown yard into a beautiful outdoor space to relax in.
What kind of jobs can I do?
Can you help me find a job?
What if I’m not ready to work yet?
- a goal to get a part-time job in 6 months
- to start researching the kinds of jobs you’d like to do, or
- talking with people already in those jobs and learning how they adjusted to working life.