Are you our next Great Mate and Lifestyle Assistant?
We’re always excited to welcome new Great Mates to our rapidly growing team. We currently have multiple disability support work opportunities for experienced and dedicated Lifestyle Assistants. This is an exciting and rewarding role where you’ll be working a 7-day week roster across several locations in the Victoria region. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day care and development of our participants, as well as supporting the internal Great Mates team as a key member. If you’re someone who is always up for a challenge and thrives working with people, both individually and as part of a team, this is for you.
- Working closely with people with a range of disabilities in our Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Short Term Accommodation (STA) environments
- Following and implementing individual service plans, healthcare and positive behaviour support plans
- Using administrative skills to keep accurate participant records and complete incident reports, case notes and necessary monthly reports
- Supporting participants by providing personal care and domestic duties, when and where they need it
- Experience working with a range of disabilities including complex needs, mental health and challenging behaviours
- Strong communication and problem solving skills A can-do attitude and hunger to learn
- Flexibility and availability to work a 24/7 rotating roster with inactive sleepovers
- Current First Aid Certificate
- NDIS Workers Screening (Blue & Yellow Card)
- Current VIC driver’s license
- Cert 3 Individual Support or equivalent
- Industry leading training
- Room for professional and personal development
- A long-term career with opportunity for progression
- Great culture you won’t find elsewhere – conferences, quarterly hang outs, and more
- Great Mates for life
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Lifestyle Assistant?
- Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
PS. We will only be considering applicants with the right to work in Australia.